We are excited to announce our planned activities for the coming year!
ACE will be a resource for arts advocacy issues and promote cross-program interaction within NYU by:
• Hosting Campaigning for Culture, a seminar series for arts advocacy and culture career development, led by arts advocacy experts.
Our fall event will feature Virginia P. Louloudes, Executive Director of The Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York, a service and advocacy organization for the non-profit theatre community.
• Organizing Culture Studies Networking Happy Hour, a series of informal networking events for students interested in learning more about engaging in advocacy opportunities, issues in the field, and career opportunities.
• Producing a series of conversations between NYU Visual Arts Administration students and MFA students to discuss current advocacy-related concerns and issues. Conversations will be recorded, edited and printed as a small newsprint publication, distributed at the end of spring semester, 2012. Performing Arts Administration students will encourage collaboration across the Department Of Music and Performing Arts through their own special initiatives.
• Organizing student participation at annual arts action summits in Washington, DC and Albany, NY.
• Hosting a colloquium that will feature policy experts and advocates who will discuss prevalent issues facing the arts community, providing students with the opportunity to engage with mentors in the field.
ACE is a registered Steinhardt student group and is a collaboration between Visual Arts and Performing Arts Administration students.
Please keep informed on our activities through one of the following ways:
http://www.nyu.edu/clubs/steinhardt.ace/ coming soon!
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nyuace
Sign up to our NYU Lyris List: advocates-for-cultural-engagement